1. Smart/Programmable Thermostat- A smart or programmable thermostat is a great way to cut down on the amount of time your system runs. Programmable thermostats can be set to operate when you are likely to be home and off when you’re not. Smart thermostats incorporate various motion, light, humidity, and temp sensors to ensure efficient operation of your HVAC system. As an added bonus, smart thermostats have Wi-Fi connectivity to allow remote monitoring and control of your AC system.
2. Out With the Old- Replace an old underperforming AC unit with a newer, more efficient one that will keep you cooler for less money. Look for an Energy Star certified unit that is guaranteed to be more efficient. An added perk of upgrading is that most all states allow you to receive a tax credit for units that are greater than or equal to 16 SEER.
3. Air Filters- Swapping your home’s air filters is usually an inexpensive way to make sure your system is running at its peak potential. Depending on where you live, filters need to be replaced as often as every 3-4 months.
4. Circulation- Ceiling and floor fans are a great way to circulate what would be otherwise, hot stagnant air. They will help move the cool air pumped into your home by the AC system for a more even feeling temperature.
5. Clean Vents- Your AC system could be in peak condition but it won’t matter if you have clogged vents. Check the vents in your home to make sure there aren’t any children’s toys or other obstructions restricting what would otherwise be adequate airflow. If there is an obstruction call a professional to remove it for you.
Give us a call and let Bright Star Property Services keep you and your family cool and comfortable this summer!